Donate: Volunteer Your Time / Donate Financially
Food Drive Volunteers:
The first Saturday of every month, Ferguson and Hassler Supermarket hosts a food drive to benefit the Solanco Food Bank. Consider helping to hand out flyers and received donations at this food drive or host your own food drive!
Darrenkamps’s and Musser Markets frequently host drives at their stores… check them out!
Food Bank Volunteers:
- Work in the office greeting clients and helping them with their needs
- Pack orders
- Assist with the first Saturday of the month food drives (help unload truck and put items away)
- Help with Darrenkamps food drives at certain times of the year (great for youth groups)
- Help in the garden (great for youth groups)
Most of the food we hand out is donated by churches and community members. Whatever food is not donated, we purchase locally using donated funds. It takes a lot of money to keep the Food Bank supplied adequately and we greatly appreciate your gifts.
The Food Bank can always use:
- Money to purchase items like meat, cheese, eggs, and fresh produce
- Non-perishable canned foods
- Paper toiletry supplies
- Individual-serving products – cereal, applesauce, etc.
- Vegetable oils, mayonnaise, and sugar
- Peanut butter, jelly, syrup, and pancake mix
- Boxed potatoes and pasta of any kind
May be dropped off any time Monday-Friday from 9 am – 4 pm in our drop off room on the side of the building. If you would like to donate perishable items, please bring them inside… thank you.
Please make checks payable to:
Solanco Neighborhood Ministries and drop off or mail to:
355 Buck Road
Quarryville, PA 17566
All donations to Solanco Neighborhood Ministries are tax deductible.
Gift Designations for SNM:
In compliance with non-profit tax law, Solanco Neighborhood Ministries does not acknowledge gift designations. It will use all contributions as part of the general operating fund to fulfill the purpose of the organization and further its ministry to the community. This will ensure the legality of the tax-exempt
In compliance with non-profit tax law, Solanco Neighborhood Ministries does not acknowledge gift designations. It will use all contributions as part of the general operating fund to fulfill the purpose of the organization and further its ministry to the community. This will ensure the legality of the tax-exempt status of your contribution, and will ensure the needs of this ministry are met. A general breakdown of how funds are spent annually is available upon request.
Thank you for your participation and continued generosity to Solanco Neighborhood Ministries!